Heating & Cooling
Metal Pickling & Finishing
APEX Engineered Products is a leading manufacturer of corrosion resistant heat transfer and process equipment solutions. Our specialty is in fabricating equipment using REACTIVE METAL and NICKEL ALLOY material.
APEX boasts one of the most diverse product lines of any heat transfer company, including shell and tube, immersion coils, process tanks, skid systems, and many other types of custom fabricated equipment. APEX has a complete staff of engineers from various engineering disciplines.
Horizontal Grid Coil
Electroplating / Metal Finishing
APEX has supplied a full range of metals for heating and cooling requirements in the electroplating and metal finishing industries.
- Stainless Steel for rinse/cleaning baths
- Titanium for the aggressive environments in Nickel and Copper plating.
- Niobium (Columbium) or Nickel Based Alloys into plating tanks with small amounts of Hydrofluoric Acid.
Sulfuric Acid Pickling
Zirconium has become the workhorse in the sulfuric acid industry for many reasons. It has replaced PTFE Immersion coils due to the following:
- High Heat Transfer Rate
- Reduced Downtime due to equipment failure
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Can use higher steam pressure to reduce surface area
- Full welded metal design eliminates leakage into condensate line
- Zirconium is nearly inert to Sulfuric Acid up to 70% and boiling temperature.
Hydrochloric Acid Pickling
For decades Tantalum and Niobium have been used in heating of hydrochloric acid pickling tanks. Both metals have a high heat transfer rate and superior corrosion resistant properties.
- Niobium can be used in tanks with low (up to 10%) concentrated HCL
- Tantalum is used in the most aggressive corrosion environments
- Tantalum is totally inert to HCL pickling solution at 200F
Horizontal Grid Coil
APEX manufactures a wide variety of heating and cooling coils for the Chemical and Metal Finishing Industries. Our coils are designed specifically for high corrosive environments. Our heating coils are used all around the world in application such as: HCl Pickling, Sulfuric Acid Pickling, Galvanizing, Plating, and Anodizing!