Chemical Process Equipment Design & Manufacturing
- Sulfuric Acid
- Phosphoric Acid
- Nitric Acid
- Ammonium Nitrate
- Chlorine Vaporizers
- Ammonia Vaporizers
- Caustic Evaporators
- Separation Vessels
Apex Engineered Products is a proven supplier of heat transfer equipment primarily to the Nitrogen and Phosphorus based Fertilizer Industries and the General Chemical markets. Material compositions include Reactive Metals ( Ta, Ti, and Zr ), Ni Alloys ( VDM Alloy 31®, Hastelloys®, Inconels® ) and Duplex and Austenitic Stainless Steels; all of which offer resistance to highly corrosive processing materials during extreme pressure and temperature operating conditions.
Apex is a 32,000 ft2 manufacturing facility located in western Pennsylvania. It occupies 2 buildings that include production, engineering, sales, and management. Carbon Steel and Reactive Metal fabrication are located in separate buildings to prevent cross contamination, and a segregated “clean room” is designated for welding Reactive Metals.
Our Ammonium Nitrate & Fertilizer Producing Customers:
JR Simplot, Dyno Nobel, PCS Phosphates, PCS Nitrogen, Agrium, DSM, and CF Industries. These customers have all returned to Apex for additional heat exchanger requirements.
Our General Chemical & Metal Finishing Customers:
Axiall, Emerald, Ashta Chemicals, Evonic, BleachTech, Dover Chemical, Olin Chlor Alkali Products, Vertellus, Arkema, Cal Energy, US Magnesium, Cargill, to name a few.
Our primary product lines focus on the nitrogen / ammonium nitrate, and phosphorus based fertilizer industries.
These include: Coolers / Condensers, Product & Gas Heaters/ Reheaters, Evaporators, Vaporizers, Reboilers, and Vessels.
Metal constructed heat exchangers have become the material of choice in the fertilizer industry. Zirconium is preferred for its superior resistance to corrosion, temperature and pressure extremes.
Corporate Video Presentation
- Mechanical Engineer
- Material Science Engineer
- Heat Transfer Engineer
- Lead welders with over 20 years average experience
- Weld Process Engineer
- (3) Level II LPT Inspectors
- Certified Weld Inspector
- Level I UT Inspector
- Semi Automatic TIG welder with cold wire feed
- Submerged Arc Welder (overlays and plate exceeding ½”)
- Astro Arc Orbital Welder (Strength and Seal Welds of Tube to Tubesheets)
- Plate Rolling (Shell construction)
- CNC Mitsubishi Vertical Machining Center w/ through spindle coolant
- CNC Plasma Table
- Vertical Turning Lathe
- Conventional machining and turning
- ASPEN, HTRI, PV Elite & AutoCad Design Software
- TEMA C, B, and R Design Standards
- ASME Section VIII Div. 1 “U” Stamp
- National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors “R” Stamp
- Helium Leak
- Dye Penetrant
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Hydro Testing
- Pneumatic Testing
Material / Weld Testing: